How to Create Excellent Curb Appeal
A home must have great curb appeal when you are looking to sell. If it doesn’t look great on the outside, you can be sure that potential buyers will not be hitting on the brakes for a second look, they’ll keep driving. Congratulations, you’ve already lost buyers before they even walked into the home. It is proven that curb appeal is what makes or breaks a sale. Be sure to use these tips so you don’t make the mistakes that many homeowners in the process of selling their home do.
Now is the time to get the outside looking spectacular. From fixing up the deck on the front porch to adding some new flowers to the landscaping, there are plenty of elements to make your home look more welcoming.
Projects such as painting or replacing the entry door, doing the side yard, or window replacements can get homeowners much more money than they would have, just by making a few simple improvements. Of course, sometimes renovations must be done, but if you don’t have the time or money to do so, be sure to check out these tips that come straight out of the mouths of real estate professionals on how to improve curb appeal on a budget:
• Wash any and all windows
• Update and/or replace front porch lighting fixtures
• Install new street numbers, door knobs, door knockers, and/or mailboxes
• Replace or remove window treatments if necessary
• Repair the front walk if needed
• Remove dead trees or flowers
• Be sure to mow the lawn, and remove any weeds
• Power wash your house
• Clean and sweep the entryway, front lights, and walkway of any debris or trash
• Add colorful plants
• Paint and clean your front door
• Clean and sweep the driveway
• Store all yard equipment, pet toys, and children’s toys
• Do not use the porch for storage
• Clean up after your pets
• Make sure garbage cans are not visible from the street
When it comes to selling your home, many realtors will tell you that state of the art appliances and kitchens are the most important thing when selling a home. These things are absolutely true. However, find comfort in the fact that you do not necessarily need to spend an arm and a leg to sell your house. These minor improvements above are a great, and budget friendly way to drive up the sale price of your home.